You might be a little confused about the difference between carbonless paper and self contained paper since they are very similar with each other.Here in this article we’ll lead you to have a into them.
What’s Carbonless Paper ?
Carbonless copy paper (or non-carbon copy paper, or NCR paper )is an alternative to carbon paper, used to make a copy of an original, handwritten document without the use of any electronics. The process was invented in 1952 by chemists Lowell Schleicher and Barry Green, working for the NCR Corporation, as a biodegradable, stain-free alternative to carbon paper.Early product literature piggybacked on NCR’s corporate name by calling the paper No Carbon Required paper.
How does Carbonless Paper Work ?
An image is created when two separate chemical compounds such as colorless dye capsules and dye coreactants, coated on the sheets, come into contact. These compounds are coated onto the sheets using Microencapsulation process. The transfer of image occurs only when the NCR paper is in the correct sequence (CB, CFB, CF).
What is CB, CFB and CF or Three Sheet System?
Top Sheet – Coated Back (CB)
Middle Sheet – Coated Front and Back (CFB)
Bottom Sheet – Coated Front (CF)
Self-Contained Coated Back (SCCB) NCR paper functions in the same way as SC but with an additional extra layer of capsules on the back releases reaction onto the next middle sheet or bottom sheet.
So from above ,we can make the conclusion as below:
- Common: both the bottom ply paper is carbonless which shows blue
- The upper ply of carbonless paper is bond paper,while self contained paper is made from carbonless
- The carbonless paper is used for dot matrix printer,while self contained paper is used for ribbonless printer
- The upper ply of carbonless paper shows black,while self contained paper upper ply shows blue (that’s why it seems to be more dirty)
The common sizes of carbonless & self contained paper roll are:
- 57 x 57mm self contained paper roll
- 57 x 40mm carbonless paper
- 57 x 50mm bond paper roll
- 76x 70mm carbonless paper roll
Still no knowing the difference between carbonless paper and self contained paper ? Or you want to purchase the paper rolls from us,Contact us now,we’d love to give you more help.